Taking Traditional Offset Printing To New Heights.
You deserve two things: customer care that’s second to none, and printing that dazzles and delights. At Derby City Litho, we’re equipped for your success, with the presses, pre-press systems, proofing capabilities and finishing equipment to ensure that your project looks gorgeous.
Our offset press gives you the flexibility to use your Pantone colors, metallic inks and a wide range of finishes. Need touches like embossing, foil stamping, bindery, die-cutting and folding even edge-to-edge envelope printing? As Louisville’s premiere offset printer, we can do all that and more.
Short on storage space? Let us warehouse your printed pieces, then use your own online “storefront” to check inventory levels and order deliveries to as many locations as needed, 24/7.
We understand that most people aren’t as obsessed with the nuts and bolts of printing as we are. But for those who like to geek out a little over equipment, here’s what we have to offer.
Derby City Litho utilizes a seamless Prinect system with earth-friendly direct-to-plate technology.
PDF workflow using Heidelberg Prinect Cockpit, Prepress Manager 2011
Proof & Plate calibration maintained using Heidelberg Prinect Color Toolbox
HP DesignJet 5500
- Used for high-resolution contract proofs.
- Line Accuracy: + / – 0.02%
- Print Technology: hp Thermal Inkjet
- Resolution: 2400 x 1200 dpi
- Ink Type: Dyes
- Material Used: 36-inch Saphira Proofing Paper, Premium Semi Matte EZ
HP DesignJet 510
- Used for imposition proofing only in draft mode on offset.
Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 – 6-color + coater
- In-line aqueous coater delivers brilliant color and amazing detail with every impression
- Maximum sheet size = 20.5” x 29.125”
- Maximum image area = 20” x 28.75”
Heidelberg MOZP 2-color Perfector
- Can print two colors on one side or one color on both sides of the sheet in one pass
- Maximum sheet size = 19” x 25.5”
- Maximum image area = 18.5” x 25.25”
Heidelberg Printmaster – 2-color
- Makes it possible to produce quality, low-volume one- and two-color projects that are cost effective.
- Maximum sheet size = 18.5” x 13.3125”
- Maximum image area = 17.625” x 12.75”
Finishing and Bindery
Baum – 5-head Auto Drill + Round Corner
Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST-90 – 8-pocket
- Minimum size book = 3.5” x 5.5”
- Maximum size book = 12” x 13.75”
Stahl 26 X 40 Folder
- 16-page signature folder
- In-line perf and score